In 1984, the Browncroft History Committee published as part of the Sesquicentennial History Project of the City of Rochester, New York "A History of The Browncroft Area". The booklet is no longer available from BNA. The price was $1.00. The following is the text portions only of that booklet. Many area photos are available in the booklet only.
- Settlers and Annexation
- The Brown Nursery, Browncroft and Life In the New Subdivision
- Browncroft Extension, Depression, Bankruptcy and other Subdivisions
- Post-War Browncroft to the Present Day BNA
- Appendix I: Gleanings from some Early Land Title Records
- Appendix II: Browncroft Area Churches
- Updated BONUS Appendix III: Winton Road Commercial Time Line (1915-1990) and First Residents
A little bit more of history.....
- Newspaper article about the properties west of Ramsey. "Supreme Court, Monroe County, - Decision in action for Delclaratory Judgement and Injuction", printed in Rochester, NY Daily Record of Monday, December 30, 1946.
|The Hickok Belt and Browncroft.PDF||36.93 KB|
|Christmas Lights and Browncroft.PDF||30.28 KB|
|Chinese Wisteria and Browncroft.PDF||36.23 KB|
|Godowsky Kodachrome Gershwin and Browncroft.PDF||206.19 KB|
|Elmcroft Tract Sale 1923.PDF||82 KB|
|Team Browncrofts.pdf||107.31 KB|
|History of Gaslight Lane orchard to cul de sac 031212.PDF||1.26 MB|