Chair: Bob Genthner (482-2441)
Crime Prevention (Neighborhood Watch) Committee Activities:
- Neighborhood Watch.
- Crime Alerts through BNA-Announce email list.
- PAC-TAC area East of Winton Road.
- Primary contact with RPD's CPOs and PCIC meetings.
Crime Reporting available for our area:
- CrimeReports.com is a national online source to get accurate, updated law enforcement information. The Rochester Police Department (RPD) now provides data for this area. CrimeReports.com/agency/RPD Citizens can use CrimeReports.com for free and check local crime maps and crime stastistics. You can use this tool to check crime statistics and crime reports for your zip code or address (Example: "0 Browncroft Blvd. Rochester NY). Data shown in the map includes Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Part 1 Crimes which include Homicide, Robbery, Aggravated Assault, Burglary, Larceny and Motor Vehicle Theft. Users may filter their maps by crime type and date range. The system only keeps data for the previous 30 days. This also tool provideds a list of sex offenders and addresses in your area. While new data is added to the crime mapping system every day, data contained in the mapping system may be subject to slight delays due to data processing.
- Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) at the FBI has national standards for the counting of crime and how crime is classified.
- SE Quad Crime Reports and related crime definitions
Other crime prevention related links:
- Police Citizens Interaction Committee (PCIC) for Sector 8
- Inmate Information through the Monroe County Sheriff's Web Site
- US Dept of Justice National Sex Offender public web site
- Family Watch Dog National Sex Offender registry
- NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services has annual offical crime statistics for RPD and all police agincies in Monroe County.
- Annual State and National Crime Statistisc can be found at the FBI.
- RPD Newsletter archieve.
Hyper-Reach is the system that 911 or emergency services can use to make notifications to phone numbers in an area that is selected. This can be used in case of extenuating missing persons, Haz-Mat incidents or other dangerous situations. The message is in the form of a pre-recorded message that will give needed information to the households targeted. If the line is busy then Hyper-Reach will call back. (See hyper-reach.pdf brochure attachment below)
|Things Your Burglar Wont Tell You.PDF||282.65 KB|
|Holiday Robbery Prevention Bulletin.pdf||41.35 KB|